Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ready for the Ride!


 


Hold on for the Ride!!!
 
This picture of a roller coaster and the ride ahead, kind of describes our weekend. 
 
So you know that we have been assigned to the DRC program and living in Uganda, and over the past few months we have been researching the countries, looking at schools for the girls, what housing looks like, what we will need to bring with us and what we don't.   In the process we've become attached to the idea of what life will look like for us in Africa.  Everything has been moving along smoothly for our departure in May.
 
Then we got a call Saturday morning from the MAFC office and those who are instrumental in placing our family.  The information shared with us, was that the program in Tanzania is changing and many of the missionaries there will be moving to the Uganda program.  Meaning that there would be less work for Nathan in Uganda, and would we therefore consider a different location.  Possibly serving in Kinshasa, West DRC or in Lesotho ( southern Africa) ?
 
Wow, we did not expect this at all.  It was like the big plummet on a rollercoaster as it sails down the rails.
Even though we had always known that needs change within MAF as political and civil situations can change almost over night in some of these countries.  
 
We spent Saturday and Sunday, looking up both Lesotho and Kinshasa, wrapping our mind around a year of language training in France as well as a change of schooling for the girls.  Lots of questions, lots of prayer and holding fast to the Sovereignty of God.  Knowing that He has always been faithful, no matter the trial, and remembering that we had said 'yes' to God to serve wherever we were needed.   There is a reason for all that He takes us through and He would be refining us through this new challenge.   I can't say I had fully come to peace about either location but I was warming up to the idea and even the perks of spending a year in France.    We were holding on tight, and in for the ride.
 
Then Monday morning, we received another phone call.  Again from the MAFC office and those who are instrumental in placing our family.  They had been in contact with the East DRC team in Uganda that morning, who are requesting that our family continue on the initial track and join their program in Kampala, as originally planned.   There will still be some changes for the Tanzania program but it won't affect us in our assigned location.   Wow,  we were heading back to plan A, which was our first choice all along, but still willing to go where we were needed. 
 
Why did we have to go through this crazy weekend?  Not sure, but it definitely reminded us that we are to fully rely on God for strength and wisdom in all situations.  We are called to obey Him, no matter what.  So for now it looks like the rollercoaster ride has come to a stop, back at the beginning and we will continue to prepare for life in Kampala. 
 
Saturday, just after our phone call, I received this on my Facebook wall. 
 
He's Always been Faithful  by Sara Groves
 
Morning by morning I wake up to find...
The power and comfort of God's hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me
 
I can't remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can't remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful to me

 
This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He's always been faithful, He's always been faithful
He's always been faithful to me
 
Yes, He is faithful and I can't imagine going through life with out knowing Him.
 
 

No comments: