Friday, August 28, 2015

Back to School and Routine

As we settle in, routine has begun.

 Nathan began working fulltime at the hanger this past Monday....
 
..... and the girls are about to finish their second full week of school.

School was a big change for them and added to all the new things of moving to a different country, it was a lot to take in.  For Hannah and Jasmine it was the set up of Middle School that caught them a little off guard, as they now change classrooms for each subject.  It is not a big campus, but following along on the schedule to be sure to be at the right class was a little stressful the first few days.  They have the schedule figured out now, but are still working at balancing homework and fun.  Hannah has joined the soccer team and is quite excited to be playing along side her new friends.  Jasmine is enjoying the new challenges and particularly likes the freedom of being released from class with out having to line up.


Aliyah has jumped right in and gotten to know some of the girls in her class and is just generally loving school.  For her everything is very similar to her old school so it was mainly making new friends and meeting the new teachers.  A highlight for Aliyah has been going to a near by resort pool for swimming lessons every Tuesday as part of her Physical Education class. 

For Lauren everything was new, as this is her first time going to school.  She enjoys the activities and is slowly making friends, but she is also missing her time with Mom.  She tells me most mornings that she is not going to school today because she is going to stay home and bake with me.  I simply tell her she has to go to school and she can bake with me when she gets home.  As she make new friends I am sure being away from home will be less of a struggle for her and she will see that we still do things together.
 
The start of school also began a new phase for me, as it is the first time I have had no kids at home during the day.  I do miss having Lauren around as my little helper, but it has given me a chance to do the unpacking, keep up with the baking demand for lunches and figure out a house cleaning routine.  Although, the highlight for me has been the routine of doing my Bible Study each morning.  After I get back from driving the girls to school, I can throw in a load of laundry and do my study while I wait to hang it up.  Then I jump into the cleaning and baking or head out to the grocery store to do some shopping.  It has been refreshing and is definitely an added bonus to the new phase of all kids in school.
 
We have been on a huge learning curve these past 2 weeks and at times it has felt overwhelming.  But it has also been a time of leaning on God for strength when we are worn and tired and realizing anew that His strength is perfect when our strength is gone.  We have been blessed with an amazing MAF team here, who have been so caring and helpful, and have been there when we needed questions answered or just to chat. We are so thankful to be a part of them.
 
 

 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear you are all adjusting to your new life there!! Glad the girls are meeting new friends!! Praying for you Sarah that you make a great connection with someone!! Miss you all lots!! Love the woods!!!